Life's Little Memoirs

art,love,friendships,movies,books,food,fashion,travel.. anything goes.
" my quest to finding joy in life's simple moments"
-- DORINA


Friday, January 16, 2009

The love for ballet


Graceful movements, pirouettes, slinky posture, classical music, colourful tutus, ballet shoes, tights and leotards – all these encompasses a ballerina. How awesome is it to see a ballerina dancing on a stage; the movements are free flowing, like a chiffon cotton cloth being blown by the wind. Ballet stage plays just merely catches the hearts of every audience; awed and mystified by the beauties of each ballerina and how timeless and classy they move. I admire ballerinas because they seem to be graceful at all times; just there mere fact that they do ballet makes them so amazing.
I was once a ballerina in my own little way. I used to have those ballet lessons when I was still in pre-school or maybe that was like my elementary years. Attending ballet classes was fun but I guess I did not realize it’s worth way back. I used to enjoy every ballet classes I used to attend every after school. I liked having those colourful tights and leotards; I had like a number of them. I loved my pink ballet shoes. I enjoyed recitals and I get challenged by the thought of it. The sad part is, I stopped ballet lessons mainly because the little girl me that time got tired with the kind of schedule I used to have. Mom used to tell me that I got tired of doing it and that I want to stop ballet lessons. Well, when I got older, I realized that the decision that I had years ago was a wrong move. I regret why I stopped attending ballet lessons. What can I do, I was just a kid, not thinking about the decisions to be made. Maybe for me that time, it was a good decision to stop but actually it’s not. I wish I could just go back in time and erase that part when I made my not so good decision about quitting the whole ballet thing.
Years may go by but still my love for dancing and ballet will forever be there. It didn’t matter if I stopped way back but the thought of it that I experienced doing ballet, doing the moves and pirouettes, then I can say that it’s enough for me. My love for ballet and dancing as a whole would forever be there. I will always love stage plays, theatre acts, movies which has something to do with dancing and stuffs like that. Two thumbs up and full applause to the ballerinas out there. I simply adore you all.

4 comments:

  1. I think those of us who have a love for dancing, theatre, and the arts in general have a whole different brain-makeup. They say that criminals brains work in significantly different ways than that of the average human being, I think the same goes for dancers :)

    I also think that the fact that you still have a soft spot and a love for the art is proof that youre still a dancer even if you quit the practice!

    Thanks for the post, i love it and can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also consider being a cheerleader, a football player or other sports figure, a ballerina using old leotards and shoes or anything else that you can piece together from the items that you find. You may have to dig, but you will find something that you can use at t costume, even at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. leotards that do not enhance the curves of the body. They are oftentimes body hugging which amazingly conceals the bulges for both plus size lingerie models and patrons. With this, every wearer becomes more confident about herself without worrying about what others will say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leighann,
    Maybe what they say is right;that those of us who have passion for arts,music and theatre think differently and that we are simply different and unique in our own little way.

    ReplyDelete